Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's like this and like that. It's like that n' like this uh.

Hola Friends! So many great things have happened within the last few weeks. My last post was pretty much the kick off how fantastic this summer has been. There was more bike rides, new dining experiences, festivals (food & heritage) as well as birthday's & evening outdoor movies. Between all of this, the weather was most cooperative in supplying lot's to heat however, questionable sleeping situations. Since it's been warm I have been having some of the most indescribable dreams. Haunting yet, thought worthy. Not to mention viewing the film, INCEPTION and trying to interpret my own dreaming layers- that's neither here nor there.

back on track...

Through out the ladder weeks I've been approached by some of the most interesting entrepreneurs new Buffalonians have to offer. Roberto (insert something Italian) mentioning to me how much I need to put a portfolio together for my personal styling. He wants me to work with him at a new salon that's opening downtown. I'm not sure if he was serious or even if I'm serious about doing one. Maybe I'll be on the hunt for a model? Maybe I'll just think of it as a sign of "my time". Time to focus on a different career path? Who knows?

David- proposing me to move up in my life & start my business with selling vintage through his new store he plans on opening in October in Williamsville. Buying & selling vintage designer & non-designer clothing & furniture. That business venture seems a little far right now from actual work considering finishing school is my primary priority. After that, we'll see what's in store.

Both of these individuals are pushing me into a direction that I've always thought about as "when I grow up" type of scenario.

So, as my current life goes from here, my thrifting has grown to be sort of an expensive habit. Although, I've found some really great Autumnal (Matt Y. loves this word) pieces for my vintage line (Vanron's Vintage) at Second Chic. Next post will include a few of those pieces and will be put into the store beginning September 1st so, check back for further updates on my fall preview!


Here are a some of my summery moments:




















Love v.

No comments:

Post a Comment