Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Projecxxx

It's NYLON's Anniversary this month and they put out a special Issue on a very thin Lindsay Lohan... ek! (Someone needs to come to Buffalo at do what's best here; eat). I'm not 100% concerned about her however, the fashions I am. This whole Neon colored everything is sort of hurting my classic outlook on fashion. Staples of a lady's closet are being thrown away for neon colored leggings and hoodies with massive amounts of obnoxious screen prints. Fortunately enough, designers like Marc Jacobs & Lark & Wolfe (found at Urban Outfitters) have romanticized the 20's with flares of over sized 90's grunge looks.


LARK&WOLFE
_____________________

MARC JACOBS Fall/Winter 2006



While flipping through NYON (now online issues available at http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=13625&p=) I came across a great project that can be a fun way to update that amvets find slip that you adore. Here's an April shower's up-date my-closet- slip project.




So, if you're interested. Make a comment and we'll do fix it up real good mmm

thanks
v.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa!
    I've got the issue of Nylon sitting here right next to me and....actually I love the direction everything is going with the neon-colored leggings and bright prints, etc. It's so early 90's Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and reminds me of that period of time when hip hop and rap seemed a little bit more lighthearted. Actually, I think it's interesting that these new semi-underground hip hop artists are surging along with this fashion to produce music with closer ties to old school roots (like the Cool Kids, Spank Rock, Pacific Division) but post-Millenium sampling.
    But no, I won't go around all the time wearing a completely neon shimmery ghetto superstar suit like M.I.A. does, but I do like to pair a neon leotard with a grey skirt or something... maybe now that I think of it, it would be cool to dress like M.I.A. or Santigold (two women WORSHIPPED by Nylon).
    Also, I would like to comment on Nylon itself. WTF?! Lindsay Lohan?! I personally don't think she looks that great on the cover (especially her cheap looking outfit, not my style). Also, Nylon changed so much since I started reading it three years ago. Ever since it started getting these big-time celebrities on its covers (starting with an Olsen twin, I believe), everything has been going downhill. I still like how it has maintained its own style and the DIY section always rocks. I'm sick of seeing Cory Kennedy and Mark the Cobrasnake all the time though. They need to stop ruminating on a couple of obsessions and EXPAND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks so much for your Input girl! This makes me so happy! I didnt know people really paid attention to what I've had to say on this thing. Yay!

    I agree with the Neon Leotard look with a solid.. that's not that bad. I mean, I cant say that I havent dabbled in it.. I do own a head band or a pair of gloves.. I get it. I just cant deal with not having some class when I go out. I like staples and looking feminine and I feel like Neon colors are very trans gender or multi sex- regardless, I respect and feed off of fashion of everyone.

    ReplyDelete