Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fine (d) s

While traveling through yet another rust belt town Pittsburgh, PA did not fail to amuse my thrift store/ antiquing journeys. While walking down E. Carson Ave in the Southside Flats area (Birmingham) I came across SLACKER located at 1321 East Carson st. 15203.

At SLACKER I found a variety of early 1940's TIME Magazines priced at $4.99 a piece. Thankfully, the owner Tom was grecious enough to give a girl a break at $15 for four of them.

MINT CONDITION!




So If you're ever in the E.Caron area find him:



at SLACKER Phone: 412.381.3911 www.myspace.com/slackersouthside
Mon-Sat: Noon-9pm Sun: Noon- 8p



Another treasure I came across was meeting Dennis on the Strip District in PGH. Dennis is a long running photographer who's passion fell into his career. He reprints old photographs handles them with care and wraps them in nice plastic and a piece of firm cardboard to back them up. Considering my love for photography is growing, I found this one to be a 'graph of inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment